Currently Reading

  • 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
  • Patience & Fortitude by Nicholas A Basbanes
  • Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling by Richard Lyman Bushman
  • a People's History of the United States: 1492-Present by Howard Zinn

Friday, May 23, 2008

2012: Crossing the Bridge to the Future - Mark Borax

I got this as an ER book, and I was honestly psyched to read it. Borax had a similar experience to me in finding a spiritual guide that he was seemingl destined to work with. Unfortunately, what I at first thought would be a fascinating look at the life of a seeker with similar experiences to my own devolved into frequent drug trips to try to get past emotional and relationship blocks, and a school of astrology that sounds like a perverse cross-pollination between a Course in Miracles and theosophy. I actually kind of like the focus on his emotional experience, its a different way of writing, and it lets you get into his head more than a more traditional writing style. However, after 200 pages of this 230 page book, I was honestly feeling burnt out, and ended up setting it down to go on to other things.

No comments: