Currently Reading

  • 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
  • Patience & Fortitude by Nicholas A Basbanes
  • Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling by Richard Lyman Bushman
  • a People's History of the United States: 1492-Present by Howard Zinn

Friday, May 23, 2008

a Little Background

I'm a 21 year old Religious Studies major. I read mostly metaphysical/religious/spiritual stuff, as well as a lot of general non-ficiton, and an occasional novel. Reading has been my life's passion ever since I learned how, and I was always at least a year ahead of my grade in reading level throughout school. I should also mentioned I'm an avowed bibliophile. I have a library of a couple hundred books, thats growing almost as fast or faster than I can read.

I never wrote any kind of a review for a book before I joined a website called Librarything. The site is a social networking site for avid readers. It lets you keep a record of your library, as well as talk to other people with similar interests (ie avid readers) all over the world. The site runs a program called early reviewer, where you can request ARCs (Advance Reader Copies) from publishers to read and review. Many but not all of the reviews posted here will be for books I've received through this program.

The ER program is actually part of why I started this book blog. I wanted to do more substantial reviews than just a one or two paragraph response, and I figure the best way to do that was to have my own blog. Depending on how things go, I will probably be giving away at least some of the ARCs I get, so check back often.

For my friends from LT, its Child_of_Light, thanks for visiting, and please don't hesitate to leave comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey found you via LibraryThing. I look forward to more of your posts :) I've also just added you to my LibraryThing Bloggers page, so drop by to make sure your name and link are correct.

Terri said...

Hallo, Child of Light/Bookspirit! Fellow Oregonian here, via LT. I look forward to your reviews.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Hi - thanks for your help with the 3 column thing. I am going to try that and see if it works for me. But not tonight :)