Currently Reading

  • 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
  • Patience & Fortitude by Nicholas A Basbanes
  • Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling by Richard Lyman Bushman
  • a People's History of the United States: 1492-Present by Howard Zinn

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Thingers, ON TUESDAY, OMG!

Today's Question: Have you ever added a quote to the quotation field in common knowledge? What's a quote you particularly like from a book, one that you know by heart?


I haven't added any quotes to CK. However, I have edited a few that cut off in the wrong spot (the opening sentence of Small Favor for example). As for quotes, one of my favorite series is the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. While the whole series is great for quotes (Harry, the main character, is the king of snark, or at least high up in the court) one of my favorites is: "And again I do answer thee: Bite me." Keep in mind Harry is talking to a Fae, a fairy. The fae in Celtic lore and the Dresden Files are not cute little winged girls. The Fae are incredibly dangerous nature spirits, so to tell one of them to "bite me" is kind of bad-ass. Either that or incredibly stupid.

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

I didn't know that about the Fae. Interesting! :-)